Walk to Grant Park and the Magnificent Mile from our downtown Chicago hotel
Dive into the rich culture of downtown Chicago from the striking Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago, located minutes from the Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, Grant Park, and Navy Pier. Designed by famed architect Jeanne Gang of Studio Gang Architects, our hotel places guests in the heart of the city with easy access to Financial District businesses. As the first Radisson Blu in the United States, the Aqua Hotel is the standard for upscale accommodation in Chicago. Our eco-friendly practices have also earned platinum-level status with TripAdvisor’s GreenLeaders Program.
During your stay, you can enjoy amenities such as free Wi-Fi, indoor and outdoor pools, an outdoor terrace, and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Our tranquil lifestyle garden provides a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the day, and our modern rooms offer exquisite views of the city skyline. When you’re hungry, join us at the on-site FireLake Grill House for delicious Midwestern cuisine in an inviting atmosphere. Hosting a large event in Chicago? Our 28,000-square-foot meeting space, featuring more than a dozen configurable rooms, spans two floors and boasts modern décor and delightful catering options.
Awards and recognitions
Hospitality Excellence Award
Our Hospitality Excellence Award is presented to top performing hotels that deliver a superior level of hospitality to guests.
Safehotels Premium Certification
Safehotels is the world's leading hotel safety and security certification.
2 Queen Beds
2 Queen Beds with Balcony
King Bed with Balcony
Premium Room-King Bed
Premium Room with Balcony-2 Queen Beds
Premium Corner Room with Balcony-King Bed
Business Class-2 Queen Beds
Business Class-King Bed
Ambassador Suite-King Bed
Presidential Suite-King Bed
Royal Suite-King Bed
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar
Thanks to a prime location in downtown, our hotel gives you quick access to Chicago’s Financial District and famous North Michigan Avenue as well as Lakeshore East Park, Millennium Park, and Lake Michigan. Start a day of sightseeing at Navy Pier, and then tour the Art Institute of Chicago before heading downtown to soak up the nightlife. Check out these attractions during your stay:
Whether you’re in Chicago for a meeting in the Financial District or a sightseeing excursion along Lake Michigan, our hotel offers an ideal location in the heart of downtown. Flying in to the area? We’re within 18 miles of both O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Midway International Airport (MDW).
Locating our hotel by GPS can be difficult due to surrounding multi-level streets. For optimal instructions, please use the address 225 N Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601. If you need assistance, please call our front desk at +1 (312) 565-5258 and we’ll be happy to help guide you.
If you’re staying overnight and plan to self-park, a garage attached to the hotel is available for $51 per day with no in-and-out privileges. The north elevators bring you to the back of the Aqua building, where you can then walk through our lobby to find the reception area.
From Midway International Airport (MDW)
Book an Airport Express ride from Midway to the hotel doors.By train:
Take the Orange Line to the State/Lake station, which is only 0.5 miles from the hotel.By car:
- Go north on Cicero Avenue to I-55 N/Stevenson Expressway, and continue for 6.6 miles.
- Use the left two lanes to take the US 41 N/Lake Shore Drive N exit, and continue for 0.5 miles.
- Merge onto US 41 N/S Lake Shore Drive.
- Exit onto Monroe Street.
- Turn right onto Michigan Avenue.
- Turn right onto Randolph Street.
- Stay right to go up the ramp to upper Randolph Street.
- Turn left onto Columbus Drive (this will be the first light after you come up the ramp).
- The hotel is on the right.
From O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Book an Airport Express ride from O’Hare to the hotel doors.By train:
Take the Blue Line to the Washington station, which is only 0.5 miles from the hotel.By car:
- Take I-90/94.
- Follow the signs to Chicago for 12.4 miles.
- Exit at Ohio Street (Exit 50B) toward 600 N, and continue for 1.2 miles.
- Turn right on N Michigan Avenue.
- Turn left onto E South Water Street, and continue for 0.5 miles.
- Keep left at the fork to continue on E South Water Street.
- At the stop sign, stay straight to travel onto the middle section of E South Water Street. This is a ramp that will take you to the upper level.
- Turn right onto upper Columbus Drive.
- At the second median (by CVS) make a U-turn. The main entrance of the hotel is on the right.
From Union Station
Walking to the hotel from Union Station will take about half an hour. While it’s a 1.5-mile walk, you’ll get to see major attractions along the way.By bus:
There are several bus options:
- From the Union Station Transit Center, get on bus 151. Get off at the Michigan & Randolph stop, which is only 0.3 miles from the hotel.
- Head to the Canal & Adams stop to board bus 60. Get off at the Randolph & Field Boulevard stop for a quick 0.2-mile walk to the hotel.